Thursday 22 May 2014

Day 98 -- Dragon boat and Miyuki's Birthday!

Ok, this post is super late! Yup, so had 2 training sessions yesterday. One was at the Lotus pond in the morning where we rowed in such a small boat! Personally I was really afraid that the boat may overturn any moment that I did not dare to move too much in the boat at first. However after a while I realised it was just so foolish of me to entertain such thoughts because everyone was just sitting at their position. What's the possibility of us overturning? So instead, I transferred my energy on focusing on rowing and the result? I got 2 blisters on my palms :(( But this only showed how well the training went :)

Then a few of us went to this pizza place near the lotus pond for lunch! It was so good, because the pizzas are thin crust and made on the spot! The feeling of having a piping hot pizza after a strenuous training. This feeling is indescribable!

So fast forward to the evening... Attended the second training of the day in the pool. But I only did 5 mins of rowing before I raised the white flag.. The blister on my palms were hurting so much! But when I saw those on Aneta's palms, I really feel that I could do more! Hers broke and she still continued till the end! Perseverance at its best!

But Miyuki and I left early because we went to celebrate her birthday at Xin Jue Jiang and we had dinner at this tonkatsu shop we passed by a while back! It was kind of pricey as compared to the normal school dishes we had, but the patty was so good! I guess it's really worth the price and it's still considered cheap in the Singaporean standards.

Yup, it was a really tiring day but I enjoyed myself so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment