Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 137 -- Final day in Taiwan!

It's my last full day in Taiwan! Time passes so fast and I still remember how lost I felt when I first reached Tao Yuan Airport with the fellow Singaporeans 5 months back! Now, I am back at the same place, blogging using the free wifi available here while waiting for my flight at 1 AM  (So technically I am still 138 days away from home.. LOL).

Spent the whole day idling around Taichung city and had lunch at my favourite 宫原眼科 for its awesome sundae and I tried its special milk tea concoction. I had mine named 半梦半醒之间.. I was thinking, how apt is the name to describe my last day in Taiwan.

Walked a bit to find the last of the local specialties to bring home, and yes, I bought a whole bag of them, then went back to the hostel to retrieve my luggage and headed off to the airport.

I'd such a great nap on the bus when I woke up all of a sudden. Shortly after, the bus stopped at one side of the expressway to restart and I realised that the speedometer wasn't working (I was sitting at the first seat, that's why I could see it) and we were only halfway to the airport. Needless to say, I was afraid that driver could not estimate his speed and it was pouring somemore! But thank God, we were stuck in a jam afterwards and this sort of controlled the speed of the bus and the rain stopped too...

So here I am, in the airport, safe and sound and waiting for my check-in. I hope my last minute baggage increment can save my pocket from burning a huge hole for being overweight. Till I reached Singapore in a couple of hours, see yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment