Saturday 29 March 2014

Day 45 -- Impromptu Block Party!

I'm glad I stay in a really dynamic hostel! Although I have no rommies, but I have a whole bunch of fun-loving and open-minded neighbours! As the title suggests, we just had an 'impromptu' block party, which was planned, erm 2 days ago(?). But nonetheless, it turned out all well, and we had such a great time talking to each other, knowing more about our neighbours!

So now, I know other than Koreans, Japanese and Colombian, there's also a Thai staying in our dorm as well! It's so cool because she's a superb cook and I managed to 'steal' one of her Thai recipe tonight! (She was preparing a dish and I was next to her, trying to absorb as much as I could!) After all the eating and chatting sessions, we went up to the rooftop to chill. THAT WAS THE BEST PART OF THE NIGHT! The night sky was SUPER clear and not only did I see the Orion belt constellation, I managed to see the Big Dipper constellation for the FIRST time in my life. You have no idea how excited I was! Ok, that aside, some of us had a mini salsa tutorial session from Stefany because she randomly asked (I think) "anyone knows salsa here?" And the rest was history.

We had so much fun talking, chilling and dancing tonight. No doubt, this is thus far the BEST night I had since I reached Kaohsiung some 45 days ago~


 We made Takoyaki from Mizuho's Takoyaki machine! How cool!
Prae's Thai Sour and Spicy Pork! 
 Tomyum Chicken Soup made from scratch! This is DOPE!

 The girls in 武陵!
Stef teaching Megumi some basic salsa steps
And it's my turn to give it a try! (Cr. to Miyuki & Minyu)

No comments:

Post a Comment