Saturday 8 March 2014

Day 24 -- It's a solo trip!

After being in Taiwan for 3 weeks, here's my first visit to some place all by myself. There may be more to come, knowing that there are places that wouldn't appeal to the rest of the group. Back to the trip, it was an awesome one! I finally got to visit Pier 2 Arts Center proper and went for a few exhibitions, including the National Geographic one!

Each picture had it's publishing year stated on the description make it seemed like I'm walking through history. But the one thing I love about the exhibit which I cannot find in the one in Singapore is that they included the pictures published about Taiwan together with some description. Especially those of the indigenous tribes in Taiwan near to a century ago. They are indeed valuable historic archives.













Other than Pier 2, I also went to the Takao Railway Museum. I was expecting much explanation about the railway history but the museum was more of displays then explanations. Oh well, at least I still enjoyed the scenery there and some of the really huge trains left for tourists (like myself) to snap pictures with.





Finally I went to RuiFeng Night Market again for dinner. But I was snacking all the way that I ate so much unknowingly! Lesson learnt: Never have snacks as dinner ever again!

Enough talking for today! Bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment