Sunday 23 March 2014

Day 39 -- The Taming of Vivience

I spent the whole day in dorm just to complete reading Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew and trying to get it analysed, because I'm having a discussion on Monday :(
Well, I'm not complaining about the story since I find it interesting. But what really made me want to give up several times was the Old English used in the play. Normally I would have trouble reading ancient chinese (which is my major by the way), and now I am reading and trying to analyse a work in Old English. Guess I only got myself to blame because I made this choice.
Nonetheless, I still feel quite accomplished as I managed to finish the play and did my preliminary analysis today! I just need to review it and do a little touch up tomorrow and I'll be free! Awesome~

No comments:

Post a Comment