Thursday 20 February 2014

Day 8 -- New experiences, new people

I was once again rejected for another module this morning because I did not meet the pre-requisite. Oh wells, so I decided to join the girls for the singing module in the afternoon.

I was so surprised that what was initially known to be a class of only 8 people turned out to have more than 20 people. To add on, each of us was to present a song in front of the class, and I did a really BAD job. I'm not humble, I really mean BAD. I don't even know what happened, but I'm determined to do a much better job in the lessons ahead.

Coming back to this module, it's interesting because we are all free to choose which 6 songs we want to present throughout the semester, meaning to say, this is like a prolonged karaoke session for 18 weeks (I can smile in my sleep already please!). And there's a guy in this class who got into the top 20 in some singing competition that will commence in March. How cool it is to be able to learn alongside with such talents! Now, I am really looking forward to my Wednesday singing lessons.

Then during dinner time, we got to meet Ka Tat's buddy, Vounsen who had partial Netherlands heritage! How interesting. We then talked about lots of stuff, from school, to army, to life, etc. It was such an enjoyable exchange that we didn't even notice how long we'd talked. Before we knew it, it was nearing midnight and we got to part because we have some dorm stuff to do, namely laundry, shower (if not it will be hell to bathe without heater with 16 Celcius outside), etc.

Right now, I think it's some heavy downpour outside because the howling of the wind is so intense even without hearing the rain. Well, guess I got to brace myself for another few days of cold weather~

No comments:

Post a Comment