Tuesday 25 February 2014

Day 13 -- First project discussion

Yup, this is just the first day of week 2 and I just had my first discussion for one of the group reports. Seriously speaking, it just feel so surreal having project discussion with the locals. Seems like I'm back in Singapore doing my project discussions just that this time round I don't know any of them. But it doesn't mean I felt alienated. In fact they are all so easy going and accommodating! Like all discussions, it is inevitable that we share our viewpoints and thoughts, but being a 半桶水 Chinese major, my sharing was very Singaporean style. I tried really hard to convey all my thoughts into mandarin, but in the end I gave up and was back to using mixed languages. Thank God, they didn't show any form of discern (ok, at least not in front of me), and even assured me that I can do my report in English (well, I seriously need to consider this option, for now). 

I guess this really pulled me back to reality. Yes, my modules are now on pass/fail grading but it doesn't mean I shouldn't regard my work seriously. Time to get my lousy report churning skills into system and stop idling around like a sloth. 

In all, I really enjoyed the discussion tonight and I'm really looking forward to more of such interactions in time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment