Sunday 23 February 2014

Day 11 -- 旗津之我们一起去郊游!

Went to Cijin today with the NTU peeps and KT's buddy and we had so much fun! We took the ferry from Gushan ferry terminal and within minutes, we reached Cijin! The ride was so fast that I didn't even have time to register where I am for a moment (ok, perhaps I am just slow). What greeted us was good warm and sunny weather topped with strong winds, and I'm not complaining :D

First stop: Cihou fort and lighthouse
Thank goodness for the road signs around, it wasn't too hard to navigate around. But too bad, when we reach the foot of the mountain, we realised we couldn't cycle up to neither the fort nor the lighthouse, so we changed to 'hiking' up these 2 attractions instead. But the effort to go up was worth it. The views on top was breathtaking.


 The creation of our signature pose aka 招牌动作!
 Us trying to form a word. Can you guess it?
 Taking a pic of 西子湾 from the coast opposite!

Second stop: 万二正老店、六斗冰店
For lunch, we travelled a little further into Cijin because we want to try the cheap seafood recommended by some bloggers and the travel guide YY brought along. And I'm glad we went the extra mile for it because just as it was recommended, the food served were so value for money! And we only spent NTD 950 for 9 dishes! How awesome is that! Afterwards, we cycled to 六斗冰店 for old school ice cream. They are known for handmade ice cream and this particular ice cream sandwich, which is very similar to what we get from those roadside ice cream vendors. But the peanut flavored one that I got was heavenly. The fragrance of the peanut was so intense, I fell in love with it at once!
This ordinary looking ice cream which I instantly fell madly in love with!

Final stops: 风车公园、海水浴场、星光隧道
There are many parks along the way as we cycled back to the main area. But what's worth mentioning will be the 风车公园. Just as the name suggests, this park adjacent to the sea was planted with many windmills and the strong winds that accompany definitely made this park one of a must-go in Cijin! The spinning windmills with countless of kites flying in the background is certainly a view not to be missed!


We then went to the beach aka 海水浴场. The sand there was so soft that you can't feel it at all! It just seemed like I was walking on cushioned ground! As the night falls, we decided to travel to our last destination, the star tunnel, which is in my opinion, another display of how creative the Taiwanese can be; making something ordinary into something extraordinary.

 Sunset by the beach
Last group pic of the day!
Side note: 
I finally got to eat my fried smelly tofu! After trying the grilled ones (which are more popular around nowadays), my verdict is I still prefer the fried ones! Awesome yummy snack to end off my day. Now back to the books before we start another day of exploring tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment