Wednesday 12 February 2014

Day 1 -- Hello Taiwan

I'm finally in Taiwan! The trip thus far had been relatively smooth, other than the crazy delay at the airport because the system at Changi was down.

Reached Taipei Taoyuan International Airport at 7am this morning and the first thing that greeted us was the chill of Taipei that left my fingers feeling numb throughout the rest of my time in the airport (I'm not exaggerating). It was indicated by some indoor thermostat that the temperature was a whooping 11 degrees Celsius when we first reach the airport. Being a typical will-die-without-data city girl, the first thing we looked for after clearing the customs was the telco service centres in the airport to purchase our data plan. And I got my 5 months unlimited data plan for NTD3300, which is about SGD141.6! This is certainly a real steal because it's UNLIMITED! And such offers only happens in the airport! So if you are intending to purchase any data plans, even if it's for a few days, get them in the airport! Who knows what offers are in store for you :)

After breakfast, we decided to head down to Taoyuan High Speed Rail station immediately since there aren't much things to do in the airport and it was so so so COLD! (And I am typing the above on my way to Kaohsiung on the HSR) At the station, we explored the 7-11 just because we have all heard how awesome the 7-11s here are, and obviously they didn't fail me. LOL.

So here I am, on the HSR, making my way down to the dormitory. Till tonight when I update again, ciao!



Some scenery along the way to KS!

[/Edited/]

And so we reached the dorm at 3.30pm after spending almost half the day just to get from Taipei to our dorm in the uni. And to my SHOCK, there's no lift in the dorm. Which meant, I had to lug my ~25KG luggage up all the way to level 4, which is technically the 5th level.

But if the weather is good, I'll get to see the sunset everyday!!


Then the next thing that greeted me was a DUSTY empty room, very dusty indeed (and my roomies haven't move in :(. So I had to spend another 2 odd hours to clean up my room and to make arrange my stuff. By the time we're done, it's already near 7, so we decided to venture into the neighbourhood and had some 卤味 for dinner.





And the strong winds and freezing weather did not deter us from taking #OOTN on the bridge. Day 1 was really eventful and all I'm looking forward now is to crash and snuggle under the blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment